Soft Chocolate Square
Published on January 1 2010.
Soft chocolate square ingredients:
- 7 Egg Yolks
- 100g Icing sugar
- 225g 65% Chocolate
- 650ml cream
Chocolate glaze ingredients:
- 200ml milk
- 125ml cream
- 130g butter
- 500g 65% chocolate
For the chocolate square:
- Place chocolate in a bowl and melt over double boiler, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the egg yolks and sifted icing sugar together in a large stainless steel bowl over a water bath and whisk together consistently until mixture thickens and turns a pale yellow colour (approx 8 -10 minutes).
- Remove cooked egg mixture from the heat and add the warm melted chocolate and whisk together. Then add 100ml of cream and whisk again.
- Transfer mixture to an electric mixer and on medium speed add the pouring cream in 3 stages and whisk until mixture thickens slightly. Pour onto tray and freeze.
For the chocolate glaze:
- Combine milk, cream and butter in a pot and warm together but don’t boil. Pour hot liquid over the chocolate and lightly whisk until smooth, but try not to incorporate any air bubbles as it will affect the end product.
12 Jun 2012
Guest post by food writer Richard Cornish
14 Dec 2010
Adriano Zumbo certainly knows a thing or two about the sweeter things in life.