Leave the city behind for a decadent weekend in the country.
Simon Rogan (UK) will join Robin Wickens in the kitchen at the historic Royal Mail Hotel in Dunkeld for a special one-off collaboration.
Simon’s farm-to-table ethos will be the perfect accompaniment to the Royal Mail Hotel’s extensive organic kitchen garden. The two chefs will join forces to create a dinner that embraces locality. Expect to dine on veggies straight from the garden; eggs from the chooks in the yard; to an abundance of in-season produce gathered from farms nearby.
To help you plan your weekend away, we’ve put together some tips on what you can do whilst in the region:
- Tours: From chef-led garden tours to a wander through the award-winning cellar (the largest private collection in Australia) at the Royal Mail Hotel, there is plenty to see and do.
- Wildlife: Take your chance to get up close with squirrel gliders, long-nosed potoroos and eastern quolls at the Hotel’s extensive Mt Sturgeon property nearby.
- Meet the locals: Make sure you get to local Dunkeld hot spots such as the the historic Dunkeld Old Bakery for delicate French inspired pastries. Arm yourself with a coffee for the treasure trove that is Ros Greenwood’s Old and Rare Books.
- Experience nature: The mighty Grampians National Park lies right on your doorstep with plenty of stunning wilderness and walking tracks. Be brave and hike up Mount Abrupt for an incredible view of the region – it’s worth it!
- Roadtrip: On your way back to the city, stop off in Ballarat to check out the Museum of Australian Democracy at Eureka (M.A.D.E) or grab a bite to eat at The Forge for simple and authentic wood-fired pizza.
Book your ticket NOW (03) 5577 2241
Simon Rogan at Royal Mail Hotel
Royal Mail Hotel, Dunkeld
14 Mar 2015, $295
You might also like