Advancing through iconic restaurants such as Longrain, Marque and Tetsuya and now executive chef at three of Sydney’s hottest restaurants - El Loco, Ms G’s & Mr Wong - there’s no denying that Dan Hong knows his food, and his chefs.
Here are his picks for the chefs you do not want to miss at Langham Melbourne MasterClass 2014:
- Damian D'Silva, Immigrants – The Singapore Gastrobar, Singapore: Inspired by memories of cooking alongside his grandmother, Damian is a champion of Singapore’s rich food heritage, preserving lost family recipes and giving traditional street food the true attention it deserves.
- Rodolfo Guzmán, Boragó, Santiago, Chile: Passionate about reinvigorating traditional Chilean cuisine, Rodolfo makes the most of Chile’s diverse climate and regions by sourcing products from the dry Atacama Desert to the enigmatic Easter Island.
- Johnny Iuzzini, New York, USA: Johnny spent nearly decade as Executive Pastry Chef at Restaurant Jean Georges living by the motto “Dessert might be last but don't make it least” and has been voted by Forbes magazine as one of the 10 Most Influential Pastry Chefs in America.
- Matt Jennings, Farmstead Inc., Providence, USA: Known as “Providence’s Pied Piper of Cheese” Matt is well-recognised for his commitment and knowledge in cheese making, charcuterie and nose-to-tail seasonal cooking. (Not everyone has 'H-O-M-E M-A-D-E' tattooed on their knuckles).
- Christopher Kostow, The Restaurant at Meadowood, St Helena, USA: Michelin-starred before the age of 30, this ex-philosopher is only the second American-born chef to ever achieve 3 Michelin stars – a status he has maintained since 2010 and is widely-respected as one of the most innovative chefs in the USA.
Tickets to Langham Melbourne MasterClass, 8 – 9 March, are on sale now. Take your pick from four sessions each day across Chef MasterClass and Perfect Match. View the Langham Melbourne MasterClass booking grid to create your perfect Langham Melbourne MasterClass experience.
You might also like