Ed Mitchell's 3 Bean BBQ Baked Beans
Photo: Daniel Mahon
- 1/2 pound bacon, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 (16-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 cup Ed's BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 bottle beer
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large sauté pan, cook bacon over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, and peppers and cook until soft.
- Add dry mustard and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the beans, BBQ sauce, molasses, brown sugar, and beans.
- Stir and simmer on stove for 2 hours (or bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour).
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Find out more