What is the HOSTPLUS Hospitality Scholarship?
Want to boost your career in 2015? Whether you're a chef, sommelier, winemaker, producer, restaurateur or anything in between, here's your chance to learn from some of the world's best on the international stage.
The HOSTPLUS Hospitality Scholarship supported by Melbourne Food and Wine is a nationwide program to provide an up-and-coming star in Australia’s food, beverage and hospitality industry the opportunity to gain international work experience in three acclaimed hospitality businesses and the exclusive opportunity to learn from a one-year mentorship program with a local industry leader,as well as flights, accommodation, spending money and more.
Applications for the 2015 HOSTPLUS Hospitality Scholarship have now closed. Stay tuned for announcement of the winner in the coming weeks.
What's on offer?
The scholarship offers an exclusive opportunity to learn from international and local leaders and visionaries.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience includes:
- International economy return airfares to the maximum value of $5,000.00 AUD
- A money can’t buy experience of three four-day stages at internationally acclaimed food and wine businesses outside of Australia
- Accommodation during the overseas stay (up to 15 nights) to the maximum value of $5,000.00 AUD
- $2,000.00 AUD spending money
- Go Pro Camera – to capture the experience
- A money can’t buy mentorship experience with a Melbourne Food and Wine Legend
- A Melbourne Food and Wine Festival 2016 experience with exclusive tickets to selected events to the maximum value of $500.00
- Exclusive invite to the 2016 Legends Announcement and Chef Jam, with a speaking opportunity at both events
- NEW FOR 2015: prizes for state-based runners up
- All finalists will receive a trip to Melbourne for the 2015 Scholarship Announcement event in May 2015.
For a taste of what to expect, check out 2014 recipient Mark Bashinsky's whilrwind experience staging at Benu (San Francisco, USA), Septime (Paris, France) and Ryuzu (Tokyo, Japan)
Terms and Conditions
Meet the judging panel
The judging panel includes Natalie O’Brien, CEO at Melbourne Food and Wine; Umberto Mecchi, Group Executive, Strategy, Marketing and Growth at HOSTPLUS; Matteo Pignatelli from Restaurant Catering Australia; current Melbourne Food and Wine Legend Gail Donovan; and 2014 HOSTPLUS Trailblazer Rafael Rashid.