Prep time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
150g Westgold salted butter
1-2 lobster tails (500g-1kg)
1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
1 shallot finely diced
2 garlic cloves finely diced
1/4 cup white wine
400g cherry tomatoes
250g angel hair pasta
Parsley finely diced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shell. Using shearing scissors, turn the tail over and cut down each side. Peel the shell away and remove the meat. Chop into large pieces.
- In a deep dish saucepan on a medium heat, combine the olive oil and 50g butter. Once the butter has melted and is slightly foaming, add the lobster meat to the saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the flesh is white and pink. Remove the lobster from the pan with a slotted spoon and set to the side.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and scrape off all of the brown parts from the pan. Cook until 80 per cent of the wine has been absorbed.
- Turn the heat to low and add the cherry tomatoes to the pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until they have burst open and have created a jammy texture.
- Add the pasta to the pot of water. Cook pasta, being careful to drain 2 minutes before the suggested cooking time while reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta and 50-100g of butter to the saucepan with the tomatoes to start the creamy lobster pasta sauce. Slowly incorporate the reserved pasta water and butter until you have a silky and glossy texture for your cream sauce. Add the lobster, a sprinkling of fresh parsley and lemon juice and stir through. Serve the lobster pasta dish immediately.