HOST A FESTIVAL EVENT!
Thank you for your unique and innovative event submissions!
Now in its 23rd year, the Festival will be back with a bang in 2015, as we deliver the very best local and global foodie action across Victoria from Friday 27 February to Sunday 15 March.
Industry event submissions for Festival 2015 are now closed. To stay up to date with all things Melbourne Food and Wine, including year round event opportunities, subscribe to our industry news.
Online ticketing for Festival 2015
Melbourne Food and Wine are excited to announce a new partnership with global ticketing services provider Eventbrite for Festival 2015 to streamline the ticketing process and ensure the best possible experience for all industry taking part in the Festival. Learn more about this exciting announcement.
Festival Key Dates
- 2015 Festival: Friday 27 February – Sunday 15 March 2015 (for both metro and regional Victoria);
- Regional World’s Longest Lunches: Friday 13 March 2015;
- Umbrella Event submissions open: 1 – 19 August 2014;
- Regional World's Longest Lunch submissions open: 1 – 19 August 2014;
- On-sale date: Friday 21 November 2014;
- Festival Guide release date: Friday 30 January 2015.
2015 Umbrella Events Program Participation Guidelines
The Umbrella Events program offers an exclusive opportunity for Victorian businesses and individuals to take an active part in shaping the Festival’s dynamic program of events. For more information, download the Umbrella Event Participation Kit.
2015 Umbrella Event Categories – Melbourne and Regional Victoria
Umbrella Events will be arranged and selected according to the following categories, which have been designed to assist event organisers in creating events that highlight their strengths and unique stories.
Over the past three years, the Festival has celebrated the themes of Fire (2012), Earth (2013) and Water (2014). In 2015, we broaden the scope by inviting industry to develop and submit innovative event concepts that will allow audiences to ‘discover something new’.
1) EAT – Brunches, lunches, dinners, tastings, bespoke food experiences and beyond
2) DRINK – Tastings, pop-ups, parties and liquid-inspired experiences
3) LEARN – Hands-on workshops, demonstrations, talks, tours, exhibitions and cultural experiences
4) CELEBRATE – Fiestas, street parties, markets, community and large scale events
5) FAMILY & KIDS – Cooking classes and workshops, family-friendly dining, foodie films, live performances, picnics and outdoor activities
* During the submission process, event organisers must nominate the category that best represents their event. Please note that only complete submissions will be reviewed and those of the highest standard accepted.
DOWNLOAD 2015 UMBRELLA EVENT PARTICIPATION KIT
DOWNLOAD 2015 UMBRELLA EVENT PARTICIPATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Regional World's Longest Lunch – Friday 13 March
Regional World’s Longest Lunch is a signature Festival event that showcases the strengths and diversity of the state’s food and wine landscape and promotes tourism to regional Victoria by encouraging overnight stays and driving visitation from outside the region.
Regional World’s Longest Lunch embodies the ethos of the Festival’s Put Victoria on Your Table initiative and is an opportunity for you to celebrate and market your region to a dedicated food and wine audience.
Regional Umbrella Events:
Exceptional regional events will also be considered throughout the 17 day Festival period through the Umbrella Events program. We strongly advise you to consider timing additional events to complement the Regional World’s Longest Lunches occurring on Friday 13 March in your region.
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED